Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Words from Wiser Women

Photo by mindwhisperings
Before I got married some friends threw me a bridal shower.

There was a mix of old friends and new friends, each and every one of whom I adore and admire.

After we played the usual bridal shower games (which were hilarious), and had some snacks, my organizer-friends handed cards out to everyone, and asked them to write down some marital advice for me.

Here are two of the gems that were given to me that day:

"Marry with the intention to create a life together rather than just for the sake of love. Our definition of love is constantly changing so hang on to the constant, the commitment to create a life together."

"Every day tell him, 'Thank you for choosing me.' And then say, 'I choose you today, too.' Because every day it is your choice to choose the blessing that is his companionship."